Tuesday, December 25, 2007

MY CHRISTMAS LETTER TO FLORIDA TODAY

I AM FAMOUS/INFAMOUS FOR MY LETTERS TO THE EDITOR...They have been written less of lately, but this Christmas I have felt compelled to say what was on my heart...the local paper censored part of what i had written - when I suggested that the politicians shut off the microphones and cameras, and go to New Orleans and help build a house, or visit a nursing home and its people and spend time with them, or go to a salvation army with cameras shut off and spend time reading a story to the children, and listening to them...

Only one person's opinion, but I share it with you, with a prayer on my lips that your Christmas was filled with peace and love...Blessed Christmas to you and yours...

Politicians not following star of Bethlehem

I am finding it more difficult in my journey to Bethlehem this year because unlike that journey thousands of years ago, there are political candidates of all parties and persuasions asking me whom I'm inclined to vote for.

They even have their press officers handing out flyers to remind me their candidate is more Christ-like than the other candidates.

As they journey, they are not following a star in the heavens that God placed before them, they are not compassionate to people of varied faiths and beliefs, and they are using the journey for their own agendas.

It certainly doesn't involve a child for them -- just look at the president's veto of the SCHIP health insurance bill for needy children.

Those who understand the meaning of the journey and the star wish the politicians would just shut up.

I walk towards Bethlehem following the star, having just lost my father, a daughter who has cancer and myself in uncertainty, because I still believe in God.

And in the belief that a little child shall lead us toward that time and place of new beginnings.

Rev. Peter Sanborn

Melbourne

No comments: