Wednesday, July 23, 2008

thoughts late Wednesday night

In response to my last blog, my daughter Jennifer rightly suggested that I follow my inner compass!
I have been wondering since my shrink said yesterday at the end of pouring out my heart to her, "Peter you are all alone, your wife died, your father died recently, your daughters while they love you have their own lives to live, and you have many physical problems and wherever you are, and your daughter is right, you are alone." I wanted so badly to disagree with her, but I couldn't.

All of the modern contraptions are designed to tell us where we are, what to believe, etc. but all that these inventions have succeeded in doing, is driving us away from the spiritual and from God . This gives us the illusion that all we succeed in doing is our own doing. To listen to our own inner compass is risky, because it means that God might have a plan and I might agree or not agree with it, but it is NOT what I would like the results to be, but what He does.

It is also risky, because I and people like me have allowed others to tell us what to do, for so long, that they might not understand.

No comments: