Saturday, July 5, 2008

July 6th

The evening before Heather, Jennifer and I had dinner at the Pepper Mill...knowing that Jennifer needed lactaid I ran next door to the Victory store, and returned with TWO quarts of lactaid milk...
only to find out that Jennifer needed some of the tablets...Good old Dad!

It is fitting that we had come to Cooperstown for her marriage to Matt. Pathfinder Lodge which was the Baptist camp where Phyllis and I met, and where I had met Matt's parents. so much a part of our family's life there on the shores of Lake Otsego...it was a beautiful, albeit bittersweet day as we walked quietly to the Chapel...and there Heather, Jennifer let balloons head for the heavens in honor and memory of their mother...There in front of the altar in which was put the names of campers who had gone into the ministry or missionaries...and my name inscribed in its vault...

My heart returns to Pathfinder Lodge, often, and will today, July 6th as we celebrate with Jennifer and Matt their 12th anniversary...Happy Anniversary Jennifer and Matt...God loves you both and your new children...and Heather...and I love you all, as well...

No comments: