Monday, November 17, 2008

November 18, 2008



He died a year ago tomorrow, this best friend of mine...I sat with him on the porch of their upper room apartment, and though he could not open his eyes or speak, he held my hand on this heart.
Both of us wept, as I read the Eulogy to him that he and I had worked on for two decades. I prayed with him his tears mingled with mine and I said good-bye to my dearest friend.

It is a year tomorrow that he died, and I miss him, but I'm happy that Mother has joined him in Heaven, and together with David...I miss his emails, his phone calls, his celebration of my birthday and of life itself... My birthday will not be the same this year...with both of them gone...but a piece of him, and of my mother remains with me...and I speak to him often, and listen to his words...which still speak to me...There is a "STAR WITHIN THEIR HEARTS' both of them, and they continue to light the way for me...as does Heather, Jennifer, Matt, Kyra and Lucas...but I miss him, my friend, my father..

No comments: