Sunday, November 2, 2008

GAINING TIME

i didn't go to the Chapel today because the Chaplain was going to speak about the election. I wanted to think of all the Saints in my life...I was awake most of the night, as i contemplated receiving an extra hour in my life...

I can remember All Saints Day when the Organist at Church would say "are we going to sing all the verses? I said of course because there are many who have become Saints...this weekend I have thought of Phyllis, of David, of my father and mother...and I don't wish that I could go back in time, but I think of all that we shared together...and I am grateful...

I miss them but not in a morbid way...but rather with gratitude on this All Saints day...I would much rather celebrate THEM than the election...and I am grateful...

No comments: