Monday, January 28, 2008

One more intuition about medical care...

While visiting with my mother on Friday in her new l bedroom apartment...I answered a call from her Dr. (one of them) it was a taped recording reminding her of her appt. today and then adding "if there is balance due bring it with you so we can care for you."  My father who had the same Dr. hated that message, the implication being we can't care for anyone who is not paid in full..."  Oh, to call for the ambulance to take me to the Hospital from Trinity Towers West where I live (less than a mile) costs $500.00  Needless to say I will hitchhike.  Health care in this country is nonexistent, unless we can show them the money... Walgreen's Pharmacy recently sent residents here that medications will no longer be delivered (takes two hours a week) because we are 'NOT COST EFFECTIVE"  Nice mood I am today...and the Dr. tells me 'not to worry'...seems like the REAL DR. once said it as well...Shalom

No comments: