Saturday, June 28, 2008

REPORT CARDS

In Harris School, Woonsocket. RI we used to get Report Cards (handwritten) which our parents had to sign before they were brought back to school. The last day of school we got an additional report of our year's work a white paper which said that we were Promoted: a yellow which meant that we would go to the next grade on probation, and a pink slip which meant!!!! we were young and innocent enough to know that the teacher had called the parents of the latter group.

And through the years, I have thought WHO SIGNS MY REPORT CARD? Who tells us that we are 'okay' and can go forward. I thought of this when my Dr. didn't listen to what I was saying and she was like a teacher who told me "THE BIOPSY CAME OUT FINE, SO YOU'RE FINE.' I wanted to say a lot of things, but left and entering the car, began to cry...

Someone else told me "the way you dress, I thought you were a transient living under the bridge."
I came back to my apartment thinking "you don't even know me" and you never will...

No comments: