Tuesday, February 24, 2009

FAT TUESDAY

I have been thinking today..that the Lenten Season begins tomorrow with Ash Wednesday...
I have been thinking about the Lenten Booklets that my parents, and I had written and were used as devotionals...written by people in the Fellowship...
I have been thinking of that Lenten Season 16 years ago...when Phyllis was with us at its outset,
and she was with the Lord at the dawn of Easter day...
I thought of going to the Good Friday service in Chilmark that year...by myself...
In the silence of the opening moments of the Service, from the depths of my being came this
incredible sob...
I was tempted to leave...
but I thought "isn't this what Lent and the CROSS was about???
If you can't bear the Cross, then you can't wear the crown...Heather, Jennifer and I knew that year of the meaning of Lent...it always causes us pain...but it brings to us the PROMISE OF TOMORROW>

No comments: